Mantras for women over 50 (and what they really mean)
Mantras are sayings we repeat to ourselves during meditation, being mindful or whenever we need to put the brakes on our mouths/thoughts!
Here are my top ten for those of us over 50
1. Be a warrior not a worrier – because worrying only adds to those frown lines
2. Well-behaved women seldom make history – oh well then…….
3. I can do hard things – because we don’t really get a choice!
4. I am more than good enough – so sod off
5. Flawed and fabulous - because perfect doesn’t exist and normal is boring
6. Enjoy the journey – because we know where it ends!
7. Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today – because you are very busy today
8. Be strong – lift those weights - because you need to protect your bones
9. Do not regret growing older – because it is a privilege denied to many
10. Just chuck it in the fuck-it bucket and move on! – for those less than calm moments
I am not sure this last one is a mantra but I think it is exceptionally useful!