Tips to stop bloating!
Bloating. That feeling that someone has put a balloon into your stomach and then blown it up. The swelling of your belly can also be combined with stomach cramps and gas. It’s uncomfortable and very common. But there are thing you can do to prevent it.
Bloating happens because you are not able to digest your food. This occurs when there is low hydrochloride acid in the stomach. (HCL) HCL aids digestion. Stress can inhibit the release of HCL. It may also be that you are allergic or intolerant to certain foods so listen to your body and if possible avoid these. If you have severe bloating on a continuous basis you should be tested for gluten intolerance and celiac disease.
But for the occasional bout here are 10 tips to prevent and manage bloating:
- Drink water - this is known to aid digestion
- Eat smaller meals at regular intervals
- Eat more slowly and chew your food well
- Some vegetables like broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower are difficult to digest for some people
- Lemon, turmeric and ginger all aid digestion
- Reduce or cut out or down on dairy (many people feel better having done this)
- Take probiotics - the good bacteria eg. live yogurt
- Reduce sugar and no carbonated drinks
- Go for a walk after you have eaten
- Drink peppermint, fennel or chamomile tea after your meal